Interested ??

I'm looking for beekeepers who would like to be photographed as part of this project. You will receive a matted photograph from the session as thanks for your participation. I would ask that you sign a model release (no, I'm not trying to make money off of you), so that I may use these images for exhibition purposes and possibly a book project. Contact me at beekeeper@rjphil.com

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The title photograph is my Mother's Father working in his apiary in the 1930s. He taught my Father about beekeeping, and Dad taught me. I was away from it for a while, but rejoined the ranks about 5 years ago. I have wanted to do this project as an homage to them and to the many servants of the bees out there who feel that it's not only a good thing to do for the environment, but a fun, fulfilling (and frustrating) thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment